Action is simple. As we could probably come up with hundreds of ways to build leadership confidence, this list is not exhaustive by any means. It is meant to move you into action:
- Dress with Confidence. When you go to work you need to dress the part. Even if you work in a business casual environment, make sure you are dressed at a level above. Take the time to have all your garments ironed and pressed. Understand there is psychology in what you wear because clothes can make you feel good about yourself. The bottom line is: dress matters and can build confidence.
- Build Your EQ. Becoming self-aware is a path worth following. Confidence is a skill of an emotionally intelligent leader. EQ can be learned and developed. Leaders that are self-aware know their strengths and weaknesses. This awareness puts them in a positive position to lead.
- Project Confident Energy. You are filled with energy whether you project it or not. When you enter a room are you noticed or unnoticed? It is impossible to lead effectively when you act the part of a wallflower. You might consider reading my recent blog on Leading with Executive Presence.
- Make Decisions. Not being willing to make a decision is a sign of lack of confidence. It can tell those you lead that you are consumed by fear. A confident leader can make a decision without having 100% of the information. Be willing to make a mistake. Push your growth and learn when you stumble.
- Hire an Executive/Leadership Coach. A coach will help you achieve self-awareness, elevate your leadership capacity, and lead to improved performance. Hiring a coach is a win/win for you and your organization. For more information on the benefits of coaching check out Leadership Coaching Benefits.
If you are interested in developing your confidence as a leader with executive/leadership coaching or learning about the Energy Leadership Index e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, place your thoughts in the comment section. Thank you in advance for your likes and sharing as it helps spread this message.