Leadership can be natural for some. However, leadership skills and approaches can be learned. Putting these five approaches into practice will enhance your leadership:
- Dress for Success – No doubt you have heard this before. You may also have heard that you should dress to influence. Does your dress reflect your personal brand? Do you dress for your current position or the position you aspire to have in the future? Dress can help your confidence as a leader. Dress is an important consideration for unlimited leadership.
- Develop Self-Awareness – Self-awareness is not abundant among leaders. This lack of self-awareness will have a limiting impact on a leader’s ability. Self-awareness is a core component of Emotional Intelligence. Developing self-awareness is key to a leader’s future success.
- Practice Coaching – Leaders that practice coaching understand the importance of building connection and trust. In his book, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, author Patrick Lencioni places trust as a foundational issue for teams. Leaders must also learn to ask empowering open-ended questions.
- Lead with Authenticity – There are many books about authentic leadership. One of my favorites is True North by author Bill George. He states, “Knowing yourself can be compared to peeling back the layers of an onion…” Finding your true self and developing self-awareness is essential in becoming an authentic leader.
- Commit to Personal Growth – Leadership capacity grows with reading books, taking online courses, listening to podcasts, and learning from others. Leaders must have a lifelong commitment to growth. This should be an expectation of yourself and your team.
If you are interested in developing your leadership competencies with executive/leadership coaching or learning about the Energy Leadership Index e-mail me at email@example.com. Also, place your thoughts in the comment section. Thank you in advance for your likes and sharing as it helps spread this message.